![]() |
| Straberries made using homemade craft dough |
One of my favourite hobbies is making miniature stuff using craft dough.I've been making this since I was 12.
I use only 2 ingredients to make this dough.Best thing about this is ,it airdries.No need to heat them in the oven like the salt dough .
What you need to make the dough
What you need to make the dough
1. Cornflour
2.White glue(PVA glue-like chemifix Glue)- not the colourless one.How to make the craft dough:
First mix the flour and the white glue and make a soft pliable dough.If the dough is sticky , add more flour.If the dough cracks, add more glue.Knead well until its soft and smooth.Wrap it in polythene and use it within a day.Once you shape this dough ,airdry it.Then leave it to dry completely for 1-2 days(just to make sure).
Next paint it.
You can also add the paint to the dough and mix it and shape it anyway you like.
Apply two coasts of varnish or use the white glue over it .The glue turns clear when it dries.After it dries apply another layer.
Next paint it.
You can also add the paint to the dough and mix it and shape it anyway you like.
Apply two coasts of varnish or use the white glue over it .The glue turns clear when it dries.After it dries apply another layer.
Note: Make sure it is DRIED before painting .
WHAT I HAVE MADE USING THE HOMEMADE CRAFT DOUGH:
![]() |
| Strawberries after painting and applying glue |
![]() |
| Before decorating the Place card holder with the strawberries. |
![]() |
| The placecard holder and the coaster after decorating. |
![]() |
| This is what the table looked like.I made six napkin rings, Six coasters, Six place card holders. All handmade with the above craft dough recipe (using only 2 ingredients) |
![]() |
| Coloured and applied two coats of glue. From Top left to right: Hair brush ,comb , scissor, makeup brush , spray bottle(water) ,lipstick Straightening Iron(the pink one) ,curling iron, Blow dryer. |
You can make the above using Salt dough as well But I prefer something that can be air dried.The salt dough takes a while to dry For the salt dough you need the following:
1.1 cup all prpose flour
2. 1/2 cup salt
3.1/2 cup water
Mix the three ingredients together and make the dough.The dough should be soft and smooth.if its too sticky add flour .If its too dry add Water.You can add food colorouring or Acryllic paints to the dough and mix.Once you make the dough you can shape it into any designs and bake it in the oven at 225 degrees until they are hardened.
Once they are hardened you can paint them .Seal your finished creations with varnish or with the white glue.The white glue turns clear when it dries.Apply atleast two coat of varnish or white glue.More craft dough recipes:
Creating with Cold Porcelain - I'm going to try this method.I have'nt tried it but it looks like a good craft dough.
TUTORIALS ON HOW TO SCULT USING COLD PORCELAIN:
Clay Sculpting
Photos of Items made by Cold porcelain
VIDEO: How to make flowers using cold porcelain
VIDEO: How to make leaf using cold procelain
VIDEO: Cold Porcelain decorated boxes
How to make refrigerator magnets
Miniature Food items made using clay
More foods made using clay (warning:not edible :D )














How do you get the shapes? Do you make moulds?
ReplyDeleteI could'nt find any mould for the strawberry.
ReplyDeleteI shaped it by hand-No moulds used.
EVERYTHING else I shaped without a mould.
All I used was a small rolling pin and a scissor, Safety pin to shape it-and my fingers :)
FOr the blowdryer, spray bottle ,lipstick and other salon items I drew the shape on a paper/cardboard and attached the clay over the cardboard and then shaped it .After the clay dried I removed the cardboard from the bottom.( I had to tear it out -very slowly)