Sunday, October 17, 2010

Spicy Potatoes and Stir Fried Vegetables.

This post is  dedicated to my friends and anybody who cant cook, learning to cook or struggling to cook :)


The spicy Potatoe recipes is an Indian Dish I got from the cooking site Manjulas kitchen - Manjula’s Kitchen is your home for Indian Vegetarian Recipes and Cooking Videos.
I serve this dish with rice, and chapatis as well.

The Stir Fried vegetable  recipe I got from All Recipes . I serve this with rice, french bread and sometimes noodles.



Spicy Potatoes

 This is an Indian dish that’s  spicy , tasty
and easy to cook.


    
    Simon Howden / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
    
  • 3 Medium red Potato( or any other potato)
  • 2 tbs oil
  • ½  tsp Cumin seed
  • 1 tsp Crushed coriander seed
  • 1 tsp crushed fennel seed
  • 8-10 fenugreek seed
  • 1 tsp shredded ginger
  • ¼  tsp black pepper
  • 2 green chillie , seeded & sliced lengthwise
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
  • 2 tbs chopped cilantro( coriander leaves)


1. Cut potatoes into wedges. Boil about 4 cups of water. Add salt and
the potato to it
2. Boil the potatoes until they are tender not mushy. Drain water and
set aside
3. Heat oil. Add cumin seed and as it cracks add coriander seed,
fennel seed, fenugreek seed, ginger. Stir fry for half a minute
4. Add the potatoes to this and  stir fry until golden brown.
5. Add salt, black pepper, green chillie and roast for a minute.
Turn off heat and add lemon juice and cilantro. Serve hot.


COOKS NOTE: prepare this dish at least 15 mins before dinner (not longer than that) .Tastes best when served hot and as soon as its done





Stir Fried Vegetables

An easy and tasty vegetable dish that I often make at home. A good side dish to serve with rice and French bread.




Michelle Meiklejohn / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
  Ingredients:
  • Carrots
  • Red and green Bell Pepper
  • Onion,sliced thin
  • Beans
  • Baby Corn
  • Few mushrooms(cut into two or use it whole.I preper button mushroom)
  • ¼ cup water
  • 1 tbs Soya sauce
  • 1 tsp cornflour
  • Pepper( the powder one)
  • 2tbs ginger and garlic paste
  • 2tsp sesame seeds- roasted

Mix water, soya sauce, seasoning, cornflour until smooth. Set aside

Heat 1tbs oil in a wok.Add onion,carrots and bens and stir fry for 2 mins.Then add the rest of the Veges and stir fry for 5-7 mins until they are tender crisp.
The veges could be  stir freid separately as well.

Another method: you can boil the vegetable for 2 mins and then stir fry them.Make sure you don’t over cook them .

Stir soya sauce mixture.Add this to the vegetables and bring to boil in medium heat for 1 minute.Sprinkle with semame seed before serving
This dish is best when served immediately.



 
COKS NOTE: You can use cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower and even spinach .
You can make this dish with only beans and carrots as well.Make sure to change the name to Bean and carrot stir fry .



1 comment:

  1. I really like to cook this recipe because I really sure that this is very delicious. Do you also have a stir fried chicken recipe? I want to know on how to make this because this is also my favorite.

    ReplyDelete